Are you looking for the perfect place to stay during Festival d’Été de Québec (FEQ)? This vibrant music festival is sure to be one of the highlights of your summer, and having a comfortable hotel nearby can make it even better.
What Is Festival D’été De Québec (FEQ)?
Festival d’été de Québec (FEQ) is an annual multi-day music festival held in the city center of Quebec. It is one of Canada’s leading outdoor festivals with a wide range of music events, including concerts by international artists and talented local acts.
For anyone who loves music and enjoys discovering new experiences, FEQ is the perfect opportunity to do just that. With its vibrant atmosphere and amazing lineup of performers, there’s something for everyone at this incredible music festival, from classic rock hits to cutting-edge electronic beats. Whether you’re a diehard fan or simply curious about what FEQ has to offer, don’t miss out on your chance to experience some unforgettable musical moments!
Is FEQ A Big Festival?
Yes, FEQ is a big festival. It is the largest outdoor music festival in Canada and attracts thousands of visitors each year from all over the world. The 11-day music festival features over 300 artists, ranging from local musicians to international superstars. The festival also offers a range of activities, including food and drink vendors, street performers, and family-friendly events. Overall, FEQ is a major cultural event in Quebec and a must-see for music lovers.
What Happens In The Festival D’été De Québec?
The main attraction of the FEQ festival is the music, which is spread across various concert venues in the city. The festival features a diverse range of music genres, including rock, pop, hip-hop, jazz, folk, and electronic music. Some of the biggest names in the music industry have performed at the festival in the past, such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, and Foo Fighters.
Apart from the music, the festival also features various art and cultural events, including street performances, art exhibits, and food vendors. There are also several workshops and presentations that you can attend to learn more about music, art, and culture. One of the most unique features of the FEQ is its location. The festival takes place in the heart of Quebec City, which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. This means that while you enjoy the music, you can also explore the beautiful walled city and its historic landmarks.
To attend the festival, you need to purchase a pass which gives you access to all the concerts and events. The pass price varies depending on the duration of the festival and the type of pass you choose. FEQoffers a unique blend of music, art, and culture that you won’t find anywhere else. So, if you are planning a trip to Canada, make sure to add this festival to your itinerary.
Who Is Playing At FEQ 2023?
The Festival d’été de Québec 2023 lineup has yet to be announced, but previous editions have featured the who’s-who of French music, as well as rock, EDM, and Latin acts. Recent headliners included The Offspring, Weezer, Major Lazer, and Guns N’ Roses.
There have also been a variety of Canadian stars like Arcade Fire and Gord Downie performing in past years. In 2023 audiences can expect more of the same, an eclectic mix of international superstars that will draw vast crowds for non-stop performances and celebrations.
Where Does FEQ Take Place?
FEQ takes place in downtown Quebec City. The festival takes place in various venues around Quebec City, including the Plains of Abraham, a historic battlefield turned park that can hold up to 100,000 spectators.
Below are the main venues of the festival:
- Plains of Abraham Stage: The Plains of Abraham Stage is the main stage at FEQ, and it’s where the biggest acts perform. The stage is located in a beautiful park in the heart of Quebec City, which provides the perfect backdrop for the artists. The stage is equipped with state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, which make for an unforgettable concert experience.
- Loto-Québec Stage: The Loto-Québec Stage is another large stage at FEQ, and it’s located in the same park as the Plains of Abraham Stage. The stage is slightly smaller than the main stage, but it still attracts some big names in music. The Loto-Québec Stage is also known for its impressive light shows, which add an extra layer of excitement to the performances.
- Bell Stage: The Bell Stage is located in the Old Port of Quebec City, and it’s one of the most popular stages at FEQ. The stage is smaller than the other two stages, but it’s still able to hold thousands of people. The Bell Stage is known for its intimate atmosphere, which allows concert-goers to get up close and personal with their favorite artists.
- Hydro-Québec Stage: The Hydro-Québec Stage is located in the heart of the city. The stage is known for its diverse range of music, which includes everything from indie rock to electronic dance music. The Hydro-Québec Stage is also equipped with a large video screen, which makes it easy for everyone in the crowd to see the performances.
- SiriusXM Stage: The SiriusXM Stage is a smaller stage at FEQ, but it’s still worth checking out. The stage is located in a cozy courtyard, which provides a relaxed atmosphere for concert-goers. The stage is known for featuring up-and-coming artists, which makes it a great place to discover new music.
What’s The Best Way to Get To FEQ?
With so many people attending, it’s important to know the best way to get to the festival grounds. Here are some options to consider:
- Take public transportation: One of the easiest ways to get to FEQ is with public transit. The summer festival is located in the historic Plains of Abraham, and the best way to get there is by taking the city’s bus service. The closest bus stops are located on Avenue Honoré-Mercier and Boulevard René-Lévesque. You can also take the metro to Place d’Youville and then transfer to the bus. It’s important to note that the city’s public transportation system is often congested during the festival, so be prepared for some potential delays.
- Bike to the festival: If you’re looking for a more eco-friendly option, consider biking to FEQ. Quebec City has a well-maintained bike path system, and the festival offers secure bike parking at its entrance. You can rent a bike from one of the many rental shops located in the city or bring your own. Biking is also a great way to avoid traffic and get some exercise while enjoying the festival.
- Drive and park: If you’re driving to FEQ, be prepared to face heavy traffic congestion and limited parking options. The festival has a paid parking lot near the festival grounds, but it’s important to note that spaces fill up quickly. You can also try to find street parking in nearby neighborhoods, but be aware of any restrictions or time limits. It’s recommended to arrive early to secure a parking spot and avoid the rush.
- Take a taxi or use a ride-sharing service: Another option for getting to FEQ is by taking a taxi or ride-sharing service. This can be a convenient option if you’re traveling in a group or if you’re looking for a more comfortable ride. Taxi and ride-sharing services are readily available throughout the city but be prepared for surge pricing during peak festival hours. It’s also important to note that some streets may be closed off to vehicles during the festival, so plan accordingly.
Where Should You Stay During FEQ?
If you’re looking for a place to stay during Festival d’été de Québec, there are plenty of hotels nearby like the Best Western PLUS. Our hotel, located in the heart of downtown Quebec City, in the Nouvo St-Roch neighborhood, offers you a prime location for your stay. Close to all services and major city attractions, our establishment allows you to fully enjoy the summer music festival as it is within walking distance of the most important venues.
We offer several spacious and comfortable rooms, as well as an indoor pool, a gym, and a restaurant and mixology bar for your relaxation and enjoyment. Don’t miss the opportunity to stay in our charming hotel in downtown Quebec City.